My kids love a gingerbread man.
Now BBand I have a Friday morning together all to ourselves, we are setting ourself little challenges each week and this week was Gingerbread Men.
BBjust loves the kitchen and baking as the photo’s evidently show.
You will need
120z plain flour
1 and half tsp of ground ginger
1tsp of baking powder
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
6oz of brown soft sugar
Gingerbread man cutter!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees, or 160 if fan oven!
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, ginger in a bowl, add the butter in small cubes and then rub together to form a breadcrumb like consistency
3. Add the brown sugar, the egg and the golden syrup and mix together to form a dough – once the syrup is in, you will need to get your hand on in there!
4. Flour your work top and roll out your dough about 1cm thick
5. Grease your baking sheets
6. Cut out you men and lay them on the baking sheet – give them good space, as we did not realise how far they would spread and they joined together!
7. cook them for 10-15 mins. Do check them as they turn quickly
8. Decorate with icing and buttons (we used writing icing and Smarties)
The finished batch of Gingerbread Men!