After a busy but brilliant weekend in Cybher at London I looked forward to coming home to my gorgeous little Trio. It was lovely to see how pleased they were to see me and after asking want they wanted to do for afternoon, we agreed on baking. The food of choice being cheese, so I opted for cheese biscuits.
This is the simplest recipe ever as all the measurements are equal.
100g plain flour
Cumin or fennel seeds/ poppy seeds/smoked paprika
1. Basically put the flour, cheese and butter into the food processor and blitz to a dough.
2. Take it out and roll it into a sausage shape at least 4cm thick.
3. Wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge to cool for half an hour.
4. Whilst cooling line to baking sheets with grease proof paper. Pre-heat your oven to 180 or gas mark 5.
5. Once cooled take out and unwrap, and slice up your roll into biscuits and lay out onto your sheets. If you like crispy ones cut them thin and if you like soft melt in the mouth ones make them thicker.
6. Make an egg wash by mixing an egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water and paint the tops of your biscuits.
7. Decorate with your seeds and spices of choice.
8. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes depending of thickness. Finished result is lightly golden brown biscuits and make a great elevenses snack!