We are a very affectionate family. I am a very tactile person, and sometimes have to be more aware that some people don’t like their space invaded, or to be kissed frequently!
However I did not realise quite how cuddly and kissy we were until my little man BBwanted to go through every type of kiss and cuddle in a method to prolong going to bed! Now when your nearly 3 year old is asking for cuddles and kisses, how can you refuse? So here they are:
1. The Eskimo kiss – the rubbing of noses. This was introduced when we were teaching him where his nose was, I don’t know why we didn’t point but we didn’t. I usually do this when he is drinking his milk beaker on my lap.
2. The Butterfly kiss – this is the fluttering of your eyelashes on their cheek. It really tickles and he can’t really decide if he loves it or hates it, but he always wants to do it again, whilst slight backing off giggling.
3. The squeaky kiss – when you kiss and make you lips squeak! This is good on tummies as well! We like to see who can hold the squeak for the longest!
5. The Raspberry kiss! BBinvented this. When he is not really in the mood for kissing and I ask for one, he doesn’t want to say no, so he blows a raspberry in my face! Nice hey. But now he thinks it is really funny so just wants to do it all the time.
6. The bear hug – Legs wrapped round my waist, head buried in my neck and arms round my shoulders. One of my favourites!
7. The group hug – more like a bundle really but when the all want to be on my lap and start fighting each other I shout group hug and we all bundle on top of each other in fits of giggles and dissolves the quarrel.
8. Baby hug – when BBsometimes feels he does not want to be a big boy he wants to be a baby like the twins he will ask for a baby hug, when I cradle him. I kinda like this a lot. I don’t want him ever to be too big for a baby hug!
9. Squeeze! I just love them so much sometime you just have to squeeze.
10. Sleep hug – the hug that results in them falling asleep on you. When they lay on your chest thinking they are just going to have a rest and they go out cold. Bliss.
So there we have it. A whole list of hugs and cuddles.Not necessarily in that order And after a long day nothing makes you feel better.
Do you do any of these or do you have your own cuddles and kisses?